World Languages (French) - FR 102
Elementary French 2 (4-0) 4 Cr. Hrs.
This course is a continuation of FR 101 and continues to review the basic French vocabulary and grammar patterns and to build competence in all four skill areas: speaking, listening, reading and writing. Through varied activities, emphasis will be placed on oral proficiency and communication. An appreciation of the French and Francophone culture will be an integral part of the course.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
- FR 101 with a minimum grade of 2.0 or one year of high school French or equivalent language knowledge.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Determine the meaning of elementary French texts.
- Write grammatically correct sentences in elementary French.
- Discriminate among distinctive elementary French sounds.
- Interpret the meaning of spoken elementary French.
- Pronounce elementary French words, phrases and sentences correctly.
- Speak French clearly and accurately with elementary fluency.
- Integrate elementary French vocabulary into simple sentences, paragraphs and dialog.
- Apply rules of elementary French grammar, syntax, tense and gender correctly.
- Communicate effectively in elementary French through reading, writing, speaking and listening.
- Compare aspects of elementary French and English grammar and syntax.
- Explore some aspects of Francophone culture.
- Acquire the knowledge and skills necessary for further exploration of the French language and Francophone culture.
| ||102||140402||Elementary French 2|| ||4||Suess A||25/28/0||Open||$12.00||T R 03:00 PM-04:53 PM LA425