Fire Technology - FIRE 105
Fire Behavior and Combustion (3-0) 3 Cr. Hrs.
This course explores the theories and fundamentals of how and why fires start, spread and are controlled. This course explores the physical and chemical properties and characteristics of fire. Fire suppression agents, techniques and methods are discussed and explored.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Identify physical properties of the three states of matter.
- Categorize the components of fire.
- Explain the physical and chemical properties of fire.
- Apply the process of burning.
- Use basic terms and concepts associated with the chemistry and dynamics of fire.
- Discuss various materials and their relationship to fires as fuel.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the characteristics of water as a fire suppression agent.
- Articulate other suppression agents and strategies.
- Compare other methods and techniques of fire extinguishments.
| ||105||142755||Fire Behav & Combus||Online||3||Michael Troy||29/31/0||Open||$12.00||