Finance - FIN 420
3 Credit Hours3 Lecture Hours
In this course, you will apply financial concepts utilized in analyzing a business operation to improve performance and to facilitate decision making. This course will include: financial management, financial analysis, time value of money techniques, financial markets, debt and equity financing, project and investment evaluation and decision making, capital structure, financial planning and forecasting and business risk. This course will integrate web-based learning tools and spreadsheet applications.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Explore the role of financial management in business.
- Evaluate business performance through financial analysis.
- Utilize time value of money techniques in decision making.
- Examine the role of financial markets and their relationship to a business.
- Differentiate between debt and equity financing options.
- Utilize techniques for project and investment evaluation and decision making.
- Determine the cost and mix for a firm's capital structure.
- Apply financial planning and forecasting techniques to estimate future financing requirements.
- Examine areas of business risk and related techniques to minimize their impact.
| ||420||113220||Financial Management||RMT||3||Mellnick G||22/30/0||Open||$12.00||T 02:00 PM-03:54 PM WEBWEB
Key: Day of the Week
- T = Tuesday
- R = Thursday
- S = Saturday
- X = Sunday