English - ENG 100
3 Credit Hours3 Lecture Hours
This course deals with a variety of written and oral communication skills. Students learn about the application of interpersonal and intrapersonal communication, including but not limited to presentations, interviews, collaborative work and technological tools as used in personal, social and career communications.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
- Minimum score of 15 ACT-English, 22 SAT-Writing and Language, 51 CPT-Sentence Skills or 237 NGA-Writing.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Formulate effective oral presentations.
- Develop collaborative communication projects.
- Identify types of professional communication that may use current technology.
- Construct interviews.
- Demonstrate increased perception of verbal and nonverbal messages.
- Analyze communication concepts in small group communication and writing.
- Identify steps to improve interpersonal communication.
- Identify the nature and role of perception of self and others in interpersonal communication.
- Assess strategies for initiating and maintaining effective interpersonal relationships.
| ||100||142715||Communication Skill||ONL||3||Rybicka E||4/31/0||Open||$12.00||
| ||100||141300||Communication Skill||RMT||3||Simmons-Short I||17/24/0||Open||$12.00||M W 08:30 AM-09:50 AM WEBWEB
| ||100||112913||Communication Skill||ONL||3||Rybicka E||31/31/0||Open||$12.00||
Key: Day of the Week
- T = Tuesday
- R = Thursday
- S = Saturday
- X = Sunday