Electronic Technology - ELECT 137
DC Circuits and Mathematical Modeling
5 Credit Hours2 Lecture Hours3 Laboratory Hours
This course is the study of basic DC Fundamentals and mathematical modeling for the electronics careers which includes Ohm's law, power law and Kirchhoff's laws with application to solving series, parallel and series-parallel combination circuits. Other topics will include resistors, color code, magnetism, electromagnetism and test equipment. The mathematics skills needed for an electronics career will also be covered in this course. The student will be prepared to enter the second semester course of ELECT 138 AC Fundamentals and Mathematical Modeling. Laboratory experiments and project(s) are utilized to teach the use of test equipment and to demonstrate the principals taught in lecture.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
- MATH 53 or minimum score of 19 ACT-Math, 25 SAT-Math, 78 CPT-Elementary Algebra or 250 NGA-Quantitative Reasoning, Algebra and Statistics.
(A course to be taken in the same semester as this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Explain passive electronics components.
- Explain passive electronics symbols.
- Validate Ohm's law to mathematically modeled resistive DC Circuits.
- Validate the power law to mathematically modeled resistive DC Circuits.
- Validate Kirchhoff's laws to mathematically modeled resistive DC circuits.
- Construct series DC circuits.
- Construct parallel DC circuits.
- Construct series/parallel DC circuits.
- Measure resistive magnitudes of series DC circuits.
- Measure resistive magnitudes of parallel DC circuits.
- Measure resistive magnitudes of series/parallel DC circuits.
- Measure voltage magnitudes of series DC circuits.
- Measure voltage magnitudes of parallel DC circuits.
- Measure voltage magnitudes of series/parallel DC circuits.
- Explain resistor color code system.
| ||137||544512||DC Circuits Math Model||RMT||5||Schlick W||11/20/0||Open||$52.00||M 08:00 AM-12:51 PM WEBWEB
| ||137||544550||DC Circuits Math Model||RMT||5||Hariri A||6/20/0||Open||$52.00||M 05:00 PM-09:51 PM WEBWEB
| ||137||514502||DC Circuits Math Model||RMT||5||Schlick W||15/20/0||Open||$52.00||T 12:00 PM-04:51 PM WEBWEB
| ||137||514553||DC Circuits Math Model||RMT||5||Wilbourn R||15/20/0||Open||$52.00||R 05:00 PM-09:51 PM WEBWEB
Key: Day of the Week
- T = Tuesday
- R = Thursday
- S = Saturday
- X = Sunday