Education - EDUC 210
Elementary Instructional Strategies
3 Credit Hours3 Lecture Hours
This course is designed to provide in-depth exploration of and practice with essential elements associated with being a professional elementary educator. Students will gain knowledge of and practical experience with lesson planning, classroom management strategies, student motivation and learning, using technology to enhance learning and collaboration in the learning environment. Students will review current best practices in elementary instruction, assessment, curriculum design and community relationships. Students will complete relevant fieldwork, which can be completed either in person or through video observations. This course requires all students must meet the requirements of a criminal background check.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
- Admission to the Alternative Route to Interim Teacher Certification Program.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Summarize current best practices related to elementary instruction.
- Distinguish differentiated elementary instructional strategies.
- Interpret differentiated elementary instructional assessment techniques.
- Develop a unit plan.
- Develop an effective lesson plan derived from the unit plan.
- Evaluate own lesson plan presented to peers.
- Illustrate the relationship between assessment and curriculum design.
- Illustrate the correlation between student motivation and student learning.
- Analyze key features of the relationships among home, school and community.
- Demonstrate uses of technology to support instruction and enhance learning.
- Demonstrate effective communication and collaboration in the learning environment.
- Analyze field experiences as related to best practices discussed in class.
| ||210||140567||Elem Instruct Strategies||RMT||3||Bachakes J||27/30/0||Open||$25.00||M 06:00 PM-08:54 PM WEBWEB
| ||210||110553||Elem Instruct Strategies||RMT||3||Bachakes J||29/30/0||Open||$25.00||M 06:00 PM-08:54 PM WEBWEB
Key: Day of the Week
- T = Tuesday
- R = Thursday
- S = Saturday
- X = Sunday