Culinary Arts - CUL 495
Culinary and Dietary Operations Capstone (1-0) 1 Cr. Hrs.
This capstone course allows students to develop diet plans and menus based on their understanding of human physiology and the dietary needs and restrictions of consumers. These diet plans and menus will present evidence of the student’s ability to analyze financial and physical resources; demonstrate leadership, quantitative, technology and communication skills; and recommend proper safety methods. Successful completion of this course will exhibit the student’s proficiency in optimizing operational activities within a culinary establishment while developing appropriate diet plans and menus using available resources.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
(A course to be taken in the same semester as this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Create diet plans and menus based on an understanding of the physiology surrounding dietary needs and restrictions of consumers.
- Analyze financial and physical (space, equipment, inventory, labor and overhead) resources necessary in a culinary establishment.
- Optimize operational activities.
- Develop leadership skills and communication plans necessary in a culinary establishment.
- Apply quantitative and technology skills and resources necessary in a culinary establishment.
- Prescribe necessary food and kitchen safety measures.
| ||495||120704||Clin & Diet Capstne|| ||1||Misiak C||2/5/0||Open||$12.00||