Culinary Arts - CUL 243
2 Credit Hours1 Lecture Hours2 Laboratory Hours
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will have a basic knowledge of purchasing, receiving and inventory control through the use of the computer and the application of computer software which will enhance his/her ability to run a more effective and profitable kitchen operation.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
(A course to be taken in the same semester as this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Write purchasing specifications for all types of products.
- Prepare a beginning inventory.
- Calculate order points and purchasing quantities.
- Determine par levels for all products.
- Identify basic grading and quality standards for all product areas.
- Judge basic grading and quality standards for all product areas.
- Identify quantity purchases at discount rates to determine when and how to buy.
- Calculate quantity purchases at discount rates to determine when and how to buy.
- Determine the purchasing cycle of receiving, inventory rotation, handling and storage.
- Identify the role of purchasing in reaching projected costs for the food service establishment.
- Use purchasing applications in the Culinary Arts Purchasing Department.
- Use computer software programs specifically designed to be used on food service purchasing.
| ||243||113708||Storeroom Operations||MC||2||Misiak C||1/6/0||Open||$310.00||M 08:00 AM-12:06 PM VT640
T W 08:00 AM-11:20 AM VT640
| ||243||113714||Storeroom Operations||MC||2||Misiak C||3/8/0||Open||$310.00||M T W 08:00 AM-11:20 AM VT640
| ||243||113746||Storeroom Operations||MC||2||Misiak C||2/8/0||Open||$310.00||M T W 08:00 AM-11:20 AM VT640
Key: Day of the Week
- T = Tuesday
- R = Thursday
- S = Saturday
- X = Sunday