Computer Networking Technology - CNT 115
Cybersecurity Fundamentals (3-0) 3 Cr. Hrs.
This course is designed to provide students with a fundamental understanding of cybersecurity in preparation for a career in information technology or related field. Students will cover topics integral to cybersecurity including key terms, concepts and technologies. Specific topics include threats and adversaries, cryptography, network defense and policy concerns.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Identify potential threats posed to information security.
- Characterize the bad actors in cyberspace and types of cyber-crime that can be committed.
- Explain different types of system and network attacks and how to defend against them.
- Explore techniques and tools used by attackers.
- Explain basic principles, types, strengths and weaknesses of cryptographic systems.
- Investigate current computer and network security components and technologies.
- Examine policies relevant to information security.
- Examine methods used to assess vulnerabilities.
- Identify applicable laws related to cyber defense and information security.
| ||115||142741||Cybersecurity Fund||Online||3||Baron TS||3/31/0||Open||$12.00||
| ||115||142740||Cybersecurity Fund||Online||3||Baron TS||4/31/0||Open||$12.00||
| ||115||142747||Cybersecurity Fund||Online||3||Baron TS||15/31/0||Open||$12.00||
| ||115||112783||Cybersecurity Fund||Online||3||Baron TS||29/31/0||Open||$12.00||
| ||115||112740||Cybersecurity Fund||Online||3||Baron TS||10/31/0||Open||$12.00||