Criminal Justice - CJ 210
Criminal Procedure (3-0) 3 Cr. Hrs.
This course will give an overview of criminal procedure and the criminal justice system. It will deal with arrests, search, seizure and identification procedures. It will also deal with the trial, pre- and post-, as well as the appeal process. We will examine the 4th, 5th and 6th Amendments to the United States Constitution.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Explain the fundamentals of a criminal procedure and the criminal justice system.
- Examine the 4th Amendment to the United States Constitution in regard to search and seizure.
- Explore the Search Warrant Rule and the 10 judicially recognized exceptions to the rule.
- Summarize the laws of arrest.
- Interpret the 5th Amendment to the United States Constitution in regard to interrogations.
- Outline the identification procedures required by the United States Supreme Court, as well as the recommendations from Michigan prosecutors.
- Explain the pre-trial process.
- Examine the criminal trial.
- Explore the sentencing, punishment and appeal process involved in post-conviction relief.
| ||210||142744||Criminal Procedure||Online||3||Kirshner B||1/31/0||Open||$12.00||
| ||210||347003||Criminal Procedure|| ||3||Courie J||0/31/0||Closed||$12.00||T 02:00 PM-04:54 PM FTC120
| ||210||347050||Criminal Procedure|| ||3||Courie J||15/31/0||Open||$12.00||T 05:00 PM-07:54 PM FTC120