Computer Graphics Technology - CGT 257
3 Credit Hours3 Lecture Hours
This class prepares the student for finding a job in the field of graphic design. In this course, students will assemble their previous work into a professional portfolio/presentation. This is both a print-based and an electronic portfolio. Students will also create an identity logo, implementing it on their business card, resume and portfolio packaging. Students will explore job resources, interviewing skills and professional resources such as contracts and pricing guides.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
- CGT 234 or may be taken concurrently.
(A course to be taken in the same semester as this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Explain what makes a good professional level portfolio.
- Explain how to keep a professional level portfolio updated.
- Design a print-based professional level portfolio to use in interviews and in the pursuit of employment.
- Design an electronic professional level portfolio to use in interviews and in the pursuit of employment.
- Practice interview strategies using analytical, verbal, written and visual presentation techniques.
- Create a professional resume.
- Critique resume development for self and peers.
- Explain the reasons for making portfolio assessment decisions.
- Explore career opportunities to develop realistic expectations of the job market, career paths and the world of work; including design studios and what it is to freelance and to operate your own business.
- Review a basic AIGA contract.
- Explain simple legal consideration and copyright.
- Design identity for business card.
- Present final deliverables: resume, business card, print-based and electronic portfolio.
- Critique final deliverables for peers.
| ||257||149346||Portfolio Preparation||RMT||3||Michalik K||22/24/0||Open||$42.00||M 12:00 PM-02:52 PM WEBWEB
| ||257||119370||Portfolio Preparation||MC||3||Michalik K||7/12/0||Open||$42.00||T 07:00 PM-09:52 PM JC103
Key: Day of the Week
- T = Tuesday
- R = Thursday
- S = Saturday
- X = Sunday