Computer Graphics Technology - CGT 215
Motion Graphics 1-After Effects
3 Credit Hours3 Lecture Hours
This course develops creative freedom and control for designing sophisticated motion graphics and visual effects for film, video, multimedia and the Web. Students will integrate previously learned applications into motion-graphics using Adobe After Effects and/or related applications. Students will develop an understanding of motion control and keying capabilities plus audio and visual effects.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
- CGT 247 with a minimum grade of 2.0.
(A course to be taken in the same semester as this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Integrate common computer graphic file formats and pixel /vector based graphic images with audio files.
- Apply the parameters of tool sets to modify image structures and object location.
- Demonstrate how multiple compositions can be coordinated to develop motion and transitions.
- Modify track hierarchy, masks and hierarchy development.
- Integrate 3D space, cameras and lighting into a 2D world.
- Apply presets tools to text and images.
- Compose image structures and live footage into a seamlessly integrated element.
- Create media that communicates a clearly defined message.
- Integrate composites and multiple media elements into a unified production.
Currently no sections of this class are being offered.
Key: Day of the Week
- T = Tuesday
- R = Thursday
- S = Saturday
- X = Sunday