Computer Graphics Technology - CGT 158
3 Credit Hours3 Lecture Hours
This course provides an introduction to the basic concepts of sound production for computer and video based delivery systems. Also emphasized are the necessary hardware/software, sound recording and editing, file management and transfer concepts. Attention is also given to aesthetic considerations such as sound design in foreign films and video games.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Apply logical file management techniques.
- Distinguish between analog, digital and synthesized sound.
- Explain how sample rate and bit depth affect quality and download/playback time.
- Create simple sound recording with appropriate editing for the electronic media.
- Utilize equipment, hardware and software necessary for basic sound production.
- Create aesthetically effective sound elements to enhance an image sequence compatible with a variety of applications.
- Demonstrate respect for the sound professional, their equipment, studio set-ups, software and training.
- Develop an understanding and appreciation for sound design in foreign films.
- Create a musical or atonal score that would set the mood for a video game or film using sampled sounds.
| ||158||149309||Sound Design||HYBMC||3||Salo J||2/6/0||Open||$42.00||F 04:00 PM-06:52 PM F300
Key: Day of the Week
- T = Tuesday
- R = Thursday
- S = Saturday
- X = Sunday