Accounting - ACCT 201
Principles of Accounting 1
4 Credit Hours4 Lecture Hours
In this course, you will learn the principles of accounting with emphasis on the accounting cycle for a sole proprietorship in the service and merchandising business. You will apply internal controls to an accounting system, account for cash, accounts receivable, bad debts, inventories, long lived assets, current liabilities and payroll. In addition, you will demonstrate how to account for partnerships.
This course will integrate a Web-based learning system which requires the use of a computer to complete some of the learning activities and assessments. This course MAY also include the use of Excel.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
- CIS 120 .
- MATH 45 orACCT 103 or minimum score of 16 ACT-Math, 22 SAT-Math, 60 CPT-Arithmetic or 240 NGA-Arithmetic.
- COLLS 50 orACCT 103 or minimum score of 15 ACT-Reading, 22 SAT-Reading, 57 CPT-Reading Comprehension or 237 NGA-Reading.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Explain the importance of ethical decisions in financial reporting.
- Explain the role of accounting in a business.
- Analyze business transactions using the accounting equation.
- Apply the rules of debits and credits.
- Prepare journal entries for business transactions, adjustments and closings.
- Prepare financial statements.
- Compute cost of goods sold and ending inventory.
- Process transactions using special journals and subsidiary ledgers.
- Determine the effects of errors on the financial statements.
- Apply internal control principles.
- Estimate uncollectible account expense using two different approaches.
- Apply current accounting principles to long lived assets.
- Apply current accounting principles to current liabilities and payroll.
- Demonstrate partnership accounting.
- Compute ratios.
| ||201||112503||Principles ACCT 1||MC||4||Staff||0/0/0||Closed||$12.00||M W 11:00 AM-01:26 PM AS920
| ||201||112485||Principles ACCT 1||ONL||4||Griffith R||0/31/1||Closed||$12.00||
| ||201||112553||Principles ACCT 1||RMT||4||Urso R||16/30/0||Open||$12.00||T R 06:00 PM-08:26 PM WEBWEB
| ||201||112331||Principles ACCT 1||ONL||4||Randall M||4/31/0||Open||$12.00||
| ||201||112367||Principles ACCT 1||ONL||4||Griffith R||4/31/0||Open||$12.00||
| ||201||112504||Principles ACCT 1||RMT||4||Suter R||18/30/0||Open||$12.00||T R 08:00 AM-09:54 AM WEBWEB
| ||201||112505||Principles ACCT 1||RMT||4||Sadowski M||1/30/0||Open||$12.00||M W 10:00 AM-11:54 AM WEBWEB
| ||201||112506||Principles ACCT 1||RMT||4||Cameron D||18/30/0||Open||$12.00||T R 10:00 AM-11:54 AM WEBWEB
| ||201||112530||Principles ACCT 1||RMT||4||Cameron D||19/30/0||Open||$12.00||T R 03:00 PM-04:54 PM WEBWEB
| ||201||112554||Principles ACCT 1||RMT||4||Sadowski M||20/30/0||Open||$12.00||M W 05:30 PM-07:24 PM WEBWEB
Key: Day of the Week
- T = Tuesday
- R = Thursday
- S = Saturday
- X = Sunday