Important Notes for Student
Prior to the first day of class, all students enrolled in PHT 116 must complete the following, or defer enrollment of this class to a subsequent semester; no students will be allowed to enter this course after the start of the first day of class:
- mandatory drug screening at any Concentra laboratory location (The cost of the drug screening is included in your tuition/fees for this class.)
- apply for a pharmacy technician license, including a temporary pharmacy technician license on LARA.org
Depending on the location that the student completes the practical portion of the program, they may be required to provide proof of vaccinations (e.g. Proof of immunity to measles, mumps, rubella and varicella as well as a record of a Tetanus shot; if there is any risk of blood or body fluid exposure, proof of a hepatitis B vaccination, a positive titer or a signed declination may be required); costs for these additional requirements are the responsibility of the student and not included in the cost of the program.
A minimum of a 2.5 grade is required to pass this course.
Supplemental costs associated with this course
- pharmacy technician license application fee ($106.00); this will include your temporary pharmacy technician license
- fee for fingerprinting as part of the pharmacy technician license application ($63)
- TB Test (if not current) – approx. $30
Time commitment for this course
- Thursday and Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm for onsite practicals
- plus one hour of in-class time at Radcliff, as arranged by the course instructor