A convenient, inexpensive and easy way to pay your tuition and fees.
Monthly Tuition Payments
To help you meet your educational expenses, Schoolcraft College offers a tuition payment plan for credit class tuition and fees administered by NBS. NBS is a payment plan offered online that provides you with a low cost option for budgeting tuition and fees. It is not a loan program; therefore, you have no debt, there are no interest or finance charges assessed and there is no credit check. There is a $30.00 per semester nonrefundable enrollment fee. Your enrollment fee and down payment will be processed immediately.
How NBS Works
You may pay your tuition and fees one of two ways:
- Automatic Bank Payment (ACH)
- ACH payments are payments you have authorized to be processed directly with your financial institution. It is simply a bank-to-bank transfer of funds that you have pre-approved for your expenses at Schoolcraft College. Payments may be made from either your checking or savings account. Payments are processed on the 5th day of each month and will continue until the balance due to Schoolcraft College is paid in full.
- Credit Card
- Many students and families like the option of charging their monthly tuition payment to MasterCard or Discover. This enables you to take advantage of various bonus programs offered by your credit card. If you elect to use this option, your monthly payment will be automatically charged to your credit card on the 5th day of each month and will continue until the balance due to Schoolcraft College is paid in full. There is an additional convenience fee of 2.50% charged for using credit cards.
When you enroll online for the NBS payment plan be sure you have the following information:
- Your seven digit student number.
- The name and United States address of the person responsible for making the payments.
- Bank or Credit Card account information of the person responsible for making the payments.
- If paying by automatic bank payments, you will need the bank name, telephone number, account number, and the bank routing number of a United States bank. Most of this information is located on your check.
- If paying by credit card, you will need the credit card number and expiration date.
To enroll in the NBS payment plan register for classes, proceed to the pay balance screen, and click on e-Cashier. This will take you to NBS e-Cashier web site. Once you are in NBS e-Cashier, review all information and refer to the menu bar at the top for additional questions you may have. After you have reviewed all information, select the "Proceed" button and follow the simple steps.
After you have accepted the Terms and Conditions and submitted your agreement, you will receive an immediate email (if your email address was provided). This email will confirm receipt of your enrollment in NBS e-Cashier.
Commonly Asked Questions About The Tuition Payment Plan
- If payments are made automatically from my bank account, does that mean the college has direct access to my account?
- No. This is a common misconception about automatic payments. No one other than your own financial institution has access to your bank account. When you arrange automatic payments through NBS, you have authorized a specific amount to be paid on a predetermined date each month.
- When will payments begin?
- After your agreement is received by NBS, you will receive a letter or e-mail confirming the monthly payment amount and when the payment is to begin. Payments will be processed on the same date each month until the total balance is paid in full. The letter will also serve as a reminder that a $30.00 nonrefundable enrollment fee, along with your down payment, will be processed immediately from the account indicated on the agreement.
- What if I miss a payment?
- If you miss a payment, you will receive a letter from NBS with instructions on how the missed payment will be handled. A $30.00 missed payment fee will be assessed for the missed payment attempt. This fee is charged by NBS to offset the fees assessed by the bank when your payment is missed. Schoolcraft College may assess a $25.00 fee for agreements not paid in full by October 5th for Fall, February 5th for Winter or June 5th for Spring & Summer.
- Can I make a payment directly to Schoolcraft College?
- Please allow NBS to complete your term contract by processing scheduled payments. If you make a payment directly to Schoolcraft College, NBS may not receive notification of payment in time to stop or adjust your next scheduled payment. Also see #5 below.
- How are my payments affected if my tuition balance changes?
- Increases made to your account balance 10 business days prior to the 5th of the month will be reflected in your next monthly payment. If your account balance increases less then 10 business days prior to the 5th of the month, your next monthly payment will not be increased.
- Decreases made to your account balance 5 business days prior to the 5th of the month will be reflected in your next monthly payment. If your account balance decreases for any reason less than 5 business days prior to the 5th of the month, your next monthly payment will not be reduced.
- Subsequent payments will be adjusted accordingly.
- Can I make changes to my NBS account information?
- What is the payment schedule?
Term Number of Payments Months of Payments Down Payment Last Day to Enroll Winter 2013 3 December-February 10% November 21st, 2012 2 January & February 20% December 20th, 2012 1 February 50% January 22nd, 2013 1 March 50% February 19th, 2013 Spring 2013 2 May & June 20% April 22nd, 2013 1 June 50% May 21st, 2013 Summer 2013 2 May & June 20% April 22nd, 2013 1 June 50% May 21st, 2013 1 July 50% June 20th, 2013 Fall 2013 5 June-October none May 21st, 2013 4 July-October 10% June 21st, 2013 3 August-October 20% July 24th, 2013 2 September & October 40% August 22nd, 2013 1 October 50% September 24th, 2013
If you have questions regarding your tuition balance, please call Students Accounts at (734) 462-4586.