Register for Winter 2013
With WebAdvisor you can:
- Search for Classes.
Check back frequently; class sections are continually being added based on student demand.
- Use Schedule Planner.
Enter the classes you want and days/times you are not available and Schedule Planner generates all possible class schedules that would work for you.
- Register for classes.
If you don’t have a computer, you can use one of the computers available on campus, including those available in the Admissions and Enrollment Center (See below for hours).
Winter 2013 classes begin Saturday, January 12.
New this Winter:
- Student email will be required for all credit students and is the college’s primary means for communicating. You can set up the account to automatically forward messages to the personal email account of your choice. Log in to your SCmail account at www.schoolcraft.edu/email
- Students who register for Winter 2013 classes have until November 18 to pay their tuition and fees. On November 19, students who have not paid will be dropped from their classes. Beginning November 19, tuition and fees are payable in full the same day you register, unless you are enrolled in our tuition payment plan. If you do not pay the day you register, you will be dropped for nonpayment.
Assigned Registration October 27 and 28
Assigned registration makes it easier for students close to graduation to register for classes while reducing the burden on the system for the benefit of all students. The WebAdvisor system permits active students (those who have earned a credit in one or more semesters from Winter 2011 through Summer 2012 OR are currently enrolled in Fall 2012) to register based on their total number of credits earned as of the end of the Summer 2012 semester.
|Active students have taken a class and earned a credit in one or more semesters from Winter 2011 through Summer 2012 OR are currently enrolled in Fall 2012|
|Cumulative credits* earned through the Summer 2012 semester||Register online on or after the date listed below|
|Active students with 50 or more credits||Saturday, October 27 at 7 a.m.|
|Active students with 40–49 credits||Saturday, October 27 at 11 a.m.|
|Active students with 30–39 credits||Saturday, October 27 at 3 p.m.|
|Active students with 20–29 credits||Saturday, October 27 at 7 p.m.|
|Active students with 10–19 credits||Sunday, October 28 at 7 a.m.|
|Active students with 1–9 credits||Sunday, October 28 at 11 a.m.|
* Schoolcraft earned hours and transfer credits awarded as of the end of Summer 2012 are included in this total. Classes in progress and transfer credits pending evaluation are not included.
To see your cumulative credits, log in to your WebAdvisor account.
|Any student can register||Sunday, October 28 at 3 p.m.|
When Can You Register?
- All students can register after 3 p.m. on October 28.
- Online registration will be closed November 22 & 23, December 24, 25 & 31, and January 1.
- Waitlist: If a course is full, students can add their names to a waitlist for that section. If a spot in the section opens up, the first person on the waitlist is notified by email. The email provides a deadline date for the student to register. If the deadline is missed, the seat is offered to the next student on the list. Students that receive permission to register after the class has met must obtain a written consent of the instructor to register for the class. Consent must be returned to the Admissions and Enrollment Center before the deadline on the notification. If you have not yet logged into your Schoolcraft issued email account, visit www.schoolcraft.edu/email for login information.
Students can register for classes until the first class meeting. Schedule adjustment will take place during the week that classes begin. Students cannot use WebAdvisor to register once the course is full or has already met for the first time.
- Late Entry: Students wishing to enter a class after it has met for the first time need written approval from the instructor, even if seats are available. Not all instructors accept late entry; OE/OE courses cannot be added after the last day for OE/OE registration.
- Overload: Students who want to try and overload into a full class can attempt to do so from the time the class starts through the end of the schedule adjustment period. Students must obtain written approval from the instructor to overload. Not all instructors accept overloads.
- How to get overload/late entry consent:
- Contact the instructor. A Faculty and Academic Directory is on the Web site under the Quick Links tab.
Obtain consent in one of the two ways described below (you do not need to get consent in a hard copy signature and via email):
Instructors can email you directly, or us at firstname.lastname@example.org, from their Schoolcraft email account.
Get an overload/late entry form from the Admissions and Enrollment Center and have your instructor sign it.
- Register and pay for your class(es) by bringing a copy of the consent to the Admissions and Enrollment Center. Full payment is due the same day that you register. More information on payment options can be found in the bulletin on WebAdvisor.
Students enrolling from the waitlist once the class starts must obtain instructor consent and visit the Admissions and Enrollment Center during normal business hours BEFORE the deadline in your waitlist email. If you are unable to register in person BEFORE the deadline, call (734-462-4426) for additional assistance. Admissions & Enrollment Center hours are:
Monday through Thursday: 8:00am - 6:00pm
Friday: 8:00am - 4:30pm
Students who have not used waitlisting, or who are overloading, need to bring the instructor consent within two business days of receipt. Consents expire after two business days and will not be honored.
- Winter classes begin January 12.
How to Register
- Registration is completed online via WebAdvisor. You can use your own computer or one of the computers available on campus including those in the Admissions and Enrollment Center (see hours of operation below).
- You will need your user ID (lower-case initial of your first name and your seven digit Schoolcraft College ID number) and password to log in to WebAdvisor. (There are tabs at the top of the page to assist you if you have forgotten your user ID or password.)
- After you are logged in select the Student Menu.
- You can search class offerings by course title, academic subject area, instructor, meeting days and times, and location on the "Search for Classes" page.
- When you have found classes that work for you select "Register for Sections" from the Student Menu.
- Students who register for Winter 2013 classes have until November 18 to pay their tuition and fees. On November 19, students who have not paid will be dropped from their classes. Beginning November 19, tuition and fees are payable in full the same day you register, unless you are enrolled in our tuition payment plan. If you do not pay the day you register, you will be dropped for nonpayment. Payment can be made with credit card, Check-web, advance cash payment at the Cashier’s Office, or enroll in our tuition payment plan. For more information select "Payment Options" from the Student Menu.
We Are Here to Help
The staff of the Admissions and Enrollment Center are available to assist you with the registration process during regular and extended business hours.
- Office hours for October 29–December 21 (the college will be closed November 22-23 and December 24-January1):
- Monday through Thursday: 8 am–6 pm (November 21 8 am-4:30 pm)
- Friday: 8 am–4:30 pm
- January 2–18:
- Monday through Thursday: 8 am–7 pm
- Friday: 8 am–4:30 pm