Students attending another college or university can take traditional, online, hybrid or OE/OE classes at Schoolcraft College as guest students. As a guest student you can register for classes without taking placement tests or meeting with a counselor/advisor. By earning some of your credits at Schoolcraft during semester breaks or when your schedule allows, you can save time and money toward your bachelor’s degree.
The benefits of being a guest student include:
- Cost savings thanks to Schoolcraft’s lower tuition rates.
- Reducing your credit hour load at your home university, freeing up time for a part-time job, internship, or student activities.
- If enough credits at Schoolcraft are completed over spring and summer,you might even eliminate a semester at your home university and shorten the time it takes to complete a bachelor’s degree.
Steps to become a guest student at Schoolcraft:
- Apply for admission and be sure to indicate Guest Student under Educational Goal/Student Category. Guest students are not required to take placement tests or meet with an academic advisor (but you are always welcome to).
- Register for the class, or classes, you want. Guest students pay all tuition and fees, as applicable, and are not eligible for financial aid funds.
View Course Schedules Register for Classes
- Consult with your home institution to ensure transferability of courses. Also, be sure to request an official transcript be sent to your home institution at the conclusion of your Schoolcraft courses. Request Official Transcript
International Guest Students
International Guest Students with a visa type of F1, F2, F3, and M1 in addition will need to provide to Schoolcraft College an official Michigan Undergraduate Guest Application with your home school's seal for each semester you plan on attending. The official guest application can be mailed or dropped off to the Admissions and Welcome Center. For more information call 734-462-4683.