Where the Jobs Are
Here are seven growing jobs that you can prepare for at Schoolcraft College:
- Biomedical Engineering Technician: Test, adjust and repair the equipment used in used in medical therapy, diagnosis, and research.
- Certified Home Health Aide (through Nursing Assistant Preparation Course, NATP 110): Work as a nursing assistant primarily in extended care situations.
- Computer Networking Systems Administrator: Work in a wide range of disciplines, from networking security and home technology integration, to IT project management.
- Environmental Technician: Collect samples of air, water, soil and other materials and perform field and laboratory tests to monitor the environment and investigate sources of pollution.
- Medical Assistant: Make the doctor’s office run more smoothly by scheduling appointments, maintaining records, and fulfilling care giving duties that include taking vital signs, drawing blood, and administering therapies.
- Nurse: Help to fill the growing demand for nurses in Michigan and across the nation.
- Pharmacy Technician: assist in pharmaceutical preparations and in the efficient operations of a full-service pharmacy.
See a complete list of Schoolcraft certificate and associate degree programs.
Explore your career options at the Career and Transfer Center.