Web and Social Media
The Marketing Department manages content for the InFocus, Around Campus and News sections of the college’s Web homepage. These items are culled from our media releases, the WebCalendar events listing, and the brochures and other projects being developed by Marketing staff.
The department manages content for the WebCalendar events listing, which appears on the college’s Web homepage and can be viewed at www.schoolcraft.edu/webcalendar/calendarnow.aspx The listings on the WebCalendar are events that are either open to the community or are of a broad, general interest to the majority of students on campus. If you have an event you would like to submit for consideration for the WebCalendar please include all of the pertinent information (below) and email email@example.com.
- WHO (sponsoring group or department and who can/should attend)
- WHAT (name of the event)
- WHERE (building and room)
- WHEN (date and time of event and if there is an RSVP or other deadline)
- WHY (description of event explaining the goals/why people should attend)
- HOW (directions for registering or purchasing tickets, if necessary)
- CONTACT INFORMATION (who should be contacted for more information: a name or department; a Web site or email address; and a phone number)
The Marketing Department manages content for the college’s main Facebook page, www.facebook.com/SchoolcraftCollege. The Facebook page is monitored on a regular basis to respond in a timely manner to questions posted on the page and to post information about upcoming events, activities, and other important notices.
The Marketing Department manages content for the college’s Twitter account, www.twitter.com/schoolcraftnow.
In addition, the Marketing Department assists departments who have an interest in creating a social media community. The Marketing Department can help identify social media goals and recommend appropriate social media platforms to achieve goals, which may include departmental participation in the college’s existing Facebook or Twitter communities.