The MacGuffin’s 23rd National Poet Hunt Contest
Featuring guest judge Alberto Álvaro Ríos.
One (1) First Place Winner will receive a prize of $500.
Up to two (2) Honorable Mentions may also be awarded.
- Each entrant will receive one free issue of The MacGuffin that includes the winners of 23rd National Poet Hunt Contest.
- Staff members and their families are not eligible to participate.
- An entry consists of three poems. If more than three are sent, only the first three will be considered. Each poem can be up to 400 lines long.
- Poems must be typed on sheets of 8½″ × 11″ paper. Clean photo copies are acceptable. Do not include your name and address on submissions.
- Each entrant must include an index card that includes poem titles and the contestant’s name, address, daytime telephone number, and email address.
- There is a $15 entry fee. Please send check or money order payable to “SCHOOLCRAFT COLLEGE”.
- Poems submitted may not be previously published, and must be the original work of the contestant. Poems may be under consideration elsewhere. The MacGuffin reserves the right to disqualify work that is accepted elsewhere. Please send all withdrawals before July 13, 2018.
- No entries will be returned.
- Entries must be postmarked between April 1 and June 4, 2018.
- Mail entries to:
POET HUNT CONTEST
18600 Haggerty Road
Livonia, MI 48152
- Entries will be initially screened by The MacGuffin staff through a blind review process. Based on an anonymous vote, 15 to 20 finalists will be sent to the guest judge for a final blind review with one (1) first place winner and up to two (2) honorable mentions ultimately being selected from this pool.
- Winners will be announced in September 2018.
- First Place and Honorable Mention poems will be published in a future issue of The MacGuffin.