Peer Consulting Options
Our Peer Consultants Can
- Assist students with basic grammar, punctuation, and sentence structure.
- Assist in peer reviewing, speeches, lab reports, and journal entries.
- Providing clarification/interpretation of written information to ESL & COLLS students. This can include reading comprehension and homework explanation.
Our consultants will work with each visitor for approximately 20-30 minutes at a time. This is to ensure that all students needing help are not kept waiting too long. The student may input the suggestions for revision elsewhere and then return to the Writing Support Studio as often as they want.
To the students visiting the Writing Support Studio
- Bring all work in process.
- Provide instructor’s directions and rubric.
- Visit the Writing Support Studio well in advance of your deadline.
Online Peer Review
As a convenience to our students, we are able to assist you online. Once you have submitted your assignment, a Peer Consultant will review and respond with suggestions for revision.
How to send your essay to the Writing Support Studio:
- Subject Line: Writing Help
- In the body of your email include: your full name, student number, professor’s name, and course number.
- Identify your questions, stage in the writing process, and/or perceived needs.
- Provide your instructor's expectations (assignment sheet and/or rubric).
- Share your essay with email@example.com via Google Drive or as an attached Word document.
- Please expect up to a three-day turn around for all online papers.