Wayne County Regional Police Training Academy
Information for the Fall 2018 Police Academy
Must apply in person with valid driver's license.
Schoolcraft College – Academy Training Center
31777 Industrial Road
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-4 p.m.
||Thursday, February 1, 2018
||Monday, May 21, 2018
|Interview Date (tentative)
||Week of June 4, 2018
||Friday, July 13, 2018
||Monday, July 16, 2018
||Friday, November 9, 2018
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be a United States Citizen
- Good moral character
- Must have a valid Michigan Driver’s License (at time of application)
- No license suspension in the last 5 years
- No serious violations in the last 5 years
- No more than 3 minor violations within the past 3 years
- Must have successfully completed the MCOLES reading/writing test
- Must have successfully completed MCOLES Physical Fitness Agility Test no earlier than January 15, 2018.
(Test dates found at www.Michigan.gov/mcoles)
- Associate Degree upon graduation of the Academy (if no Associate’s Degree, must have at least 41 semester credits in Criminal Justice, contact counselor to obtain your application to graduate)
Waiver of Associate Degree for prior Military Police Officers with a minimum of 2080 hours military law enforcement experience. Waiver issued by MCOLES based on an honorable discharge and review of properly executed DD-214.