Culinary and Dietary Operations Management BS Degree
Schoolcraft program code # BS.00397
The Bachelor of Science (BS) in Culinary and Dietary Operations Management Program is designed for experienced culinary students who are interested in pursuing a bachelor’s degree that will lead them to management positions in the food and nutrition industry. This degree program combines business and science courses to provide the culinarian with knowledge and expertise in management, food science, and nutrition. Students entering into the Culinary and Dietary Operations Management Baccalaureate Degree Program are preparing themselves for positions of increasing responsibility in culinary and dietary operations. Completion of the degree requirements will also help students prepare to successfully complete exams for the Certified Dietary Manager (CDM) credential from the Association of Nutrition and Food Service Professionals (ANFP), an important credential for students interested in food service operations.
Upon completion of the BS in Culinary and Dietary Operations Management Program, students will have demonstrated proficiency in the following areas:
- Application of new technology to food service operations and nutritional analysis.
- Physical resource management including space, equipment, inventory, labor and overhead.
- Application of quantitative reasoning to food service operations.
- Sustainable agriculture and restaurant operations.
- Food and kitchen safety.
- Professionalism and leadership.
- Professional communication skills.
- Human resource operations.
- Interpretation of federal, state and local laws as they apply to food service operations.
- Assess financial resources required for successful food service operations.
Not all courses are offered each semester. Students should work with an academic advisor or counselor to develop a schedule that will work for them. Students who satisfactorily complete the program requirements qualify for a Bachelor of Science degree.
Federal Financial Aid eligibility is under review for this program. Contact Financial Aid for the status of eligibility.