Federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and Michigan Occupational Safety and Health Administration (MIOSHA) standards that relate to hazard identification and control will be covered. Participants who successfully complete the course are eligible for the OSHA 30 hour card in General Industry.
• Explain the history of OSHA and the impact it has had on industry.
• Demonstrate safety and health in the workplace.
• Investigate walking and working surfaces.
• Determine required job training including use of proper personal protection equipment.
• Differentiate the components of emergency action planning.
• Distinguish electrical and machinery hazards.
• Demonstrate Lockout/Tagout.
• Summarize the importance of ergonomics in the work place.
• Demonstrate the use of powered industrial vehicles for materials handling.
• Explain hazard communication and global harmonization.
• Illustrate how falls can be prevented.
This class is offered on Tuesdays 1-5pm beginning January 9th until February 27th for a total of 30 hours.
This section costs $795
To register online and pay with a credit card:
- Go to https://webadvisor.schoolcraft.edu
- Click “Continuing Education (Non-Credit)”
- Click “Register and Pay for Continuing Education Classes”
- Type in 6-digit section number (815107)
- Click “Submit”
- Check the box next to the correct course and hit “Submit”
- Follow the on-screen prompts to register and pay for the course