Learn How to Create an Online Shop for your Craft Products!
Do you make jewelry, clothing, or other handmade products for sale or gift giving? If so, this program will teach you how to start an online shop for your unique line of handcrafted items.
In partnership with Etsy, a leader in e-commerce for creative entrepreneurs, the SBDC at Schoolcraft College is offering free classes to help craft makers like you establish an online business to sell your products to a wider market and earn extra income.
Craft Entrepreneurship classes are taught by successful online craft sellers who coach and support participants through every aspect of setting up their online shops. To minimize startup costs, students will be given the opportunity to list 20 items for sale for free on Etsy.com.
- Be 18 years or older.
- Have at least one handmade craft item ready to sell, and an idea for a related line of products.
- Reside in Wayne, Oakland, or Macomb Counties.
- Have NEVER made any sales on Etsy.com. It is possible to have a store on Etsy.com but have never made sales.
- Have a credit card and checking account—necessary for setting up your Etsy shop so you can make sales transactions.
- Have regular access to a computer with an Internet connection.
- Commit to attending 4 weeknight classes, 1 Saturday class, and 1 follow-up session.
April 27, May 4, May 11, May 20, May 25, and June 29
To apply, please visit: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/SBDCEtsy