ATTENTION MET STUDENTS: If you will be using your MET Funds for the first time at Schoolcraft College. You must notify MET by calling (800) 638-4543.
Students must contact Student Accounts each semester they want to use their MET funds.
Sponsored Billing is when a student's tuition and fees will be paid by a third party, such as Michigan Works, Michigan Rehabilitation, Military Assistance or Michigan Education Trust, or a company. The sponsor must agree to make full payment regardless of a student's grades or course completion. Written authorization from the sponsor must be submitted each term by the payment due date.
The college reserves the right to refuse sponsored billing account for reasons including, but not limited to, delinquency or non-payment. When applicable, student reimbursement will not occur until payment is received from the sponsor.
The authorization must include the following:
- Sponsor's name
- Billing address
- Contact name, phone and email
- Student's name
- Schoolcraft Student ID or Social Security Number
- Term to be covered, i.e. Fall 2013
- Types of charges that are to be covered, such as tuition, fees, books and supplies, and the dollar amount if applicable
- If sponsor authorization is for specific courses, indicate the course name and number
- Authorized signature
The student is responsible for the total charges and must pay any charges not covered by the authorization in full by the payment due date. If for any reason, the sponsor refuses to pay for charges, the student will be held responsible. The student will be unable to register, access records or grades until paid in full. If necessary, the account will be referred to a collection agency, and reported to credit bureaus.
Important Information for Third Party Sponsors
Third party invoices for tuition and fees are prepared after add/drop period for the quarter in order to limit changes that might impact the amount due for tuition and fees. Invoices are mailed directly to the funding agency.
If the college is unable to collect from the funding agency within a reasonable amount of time, the student will become responsible for payment. The student will be notified by U.S. Postal Service when the funding agency has been mailed a final demand for payment.
Agencies should contact student account staff in Student Financial Services with any invoice questions.
It is the policy of the college to protect our students' right to confidentiality. Sponsors must obtain information regarding transcript, and grades directly from the student.
The sponsor agrees to pay Schoolcraft College as invoiced and seek reimbursement directly from the student for disallowed charges resulting from dropped courses, early withdrawal or insufficient grades.
Payments may be made by using one of the following options:
- Check – Make payable to Schoolcraft College and mail to:
18600 Haggerty Road
Livonia, MI 48152
- Remittance information is important to ensure the correct account is credited. (Please include invoice number, student name and academic term)
- Electronic Funds Transfer – Contact student accounts staff in Student Financial Services to obtain banking information. Include any information that would help identify the payment in the text portion of the transfer.