Welding - WELD 210
Preparation for Welder Certification in Shielded Metal Arc Welding (S.M.A.W.) (2-2) 3 Cr. Hrs.
The need for “Certified Welders” continues to grow. Certification comes as a result of demonstration of competence by passing performance examinations. Although Schoolcraft College does not qualify or certify welders, the college can duplicate these tests, provide instruction in the proper welding procedure and provide the appropriate testing equipment to examine and evaluate the results. This course addresses stick electrode welding techniques and competencies.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
- WELD 113 or extensive welding experience.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of the American Welding Society (A.W.S.) and the American Society of Mechanical Engineers (A.S.M.E.) Welder Qualification Examinations.
- Prepare steel plate for certification welds.
- Identify proper welding electrodes for certification welds.
- Determine proper amperages used with certification electrodes.
- Determine proper welding polarities, for certification welding.
- Identify proper weld joints used in a welding certification process.
- Complete a 2-G certification weld using the S.M.A.W. process.
- Demonstrate the proper inner pass cleaning procedure for multi pass certification welding.
- Complete and pass three (3) 3-G certification welds, one of which will be sent to National Testing and Research Laboratory Inc. for certification testing.
- Demonstrate proficiency in vertical welding processes.
- Examine welds for weld defects.
- Distinguish whether weld defects are caused by improper cleaning or heat.
| ||210||148181||SMAW Exam Prep|| ||3||McGibbon W||$295.00||4/15/0||Open||F 06:00 PM-07:54 PM AS371
F 08:00 PM-09:54 PM AS360
| ||210||127146||SMAW Exam Prep|| ||3||McLean C||$289.00||9/15/0||Open||M W 10:00 AM-10:54 AM AS371
M W 11:00 AM-12:26 PM AS360