Welding - WELD 110
Introduction to Welding Basics for Fabrication (2-2) 3 Cr. Hrs.
This class serves as an introduction for individuals that have no welding or fabrication experience in various welding and fabrication processes. Covered in the course will be the set up and safe operation of gas welding and brazing, shielded metal arc welding, gas metal arc welding, gas tungsten arc welding, resistance welding, gas cutting and plasma cutting equipment as well as the safe set up and operation of equipment found in a welding fabrication facility.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Demonstrate a minimal proficiency in using Oxy/ace welding torches and Oxy/cutting torches.
- Demonstrate a minimal proficiency in S.M.A.W., G.M.A.W., G.T.A.W, welding equipment set up.
- Operate welding equipment to produce good welds on required exercises.
- Determine proper safety criteria as it relates to the different welding processes.
- Demonstrate a minimal proficiency in using resistance welding equipment.
- Operate plasma cutting equipment in a safe manner.
- Demonstrate a minimal proficiency in the use of steel shearing equipment and some fabrication equipment.
- Distinguish good welds from bad welds.
- Identify equipment that you would find in fabrication shops.
- Prepare various types of steel for required welding.
- Identify steels by shapes and surface conditions.
- Determine amperages and filler metals used in various welding processes.
| ||110||143836||Intro Weld Fabrication Basics|| ||3||Neilson D||$295.00||7/15/0||Open||
|W ||01:00 PM-02:54 PM||AS371|
|W ||03:00 PM-04:54 PM||AS360|
| ||110||143861||Intro Weld Basics Fab|| ||3||Hall C||$295.00||10/15/0||Open||
|R ||06:00 PM-07:54 PM||AS371|
|R ||08:00 PM-09:54 PM||AS360|
| ||110||123804||Intro Weld Basics Fab|| ||3||Neilson D||$289.00||4/15/0||Open||
|W ||01:00 PM-01:54 PM||AS371|
|W ||02:00 PM-05:51 PM||AS360|