World Languages (Spanish) - SPAN 202
Intermediate Spanish 2 (4-0) 4 Cr. Hrs.
This course is a continuation of SPAN 201 and continues to cover vocabulary and grammar patterns and to build competence in all four skill areas: speaking, listening, reading and writing. Through varied activities, emphasis will be placed on oral proficiency and communication. An appreciation of Hispanic culture will be an integral part of the course.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
- SPAN 201 with a minimum grade of 2.0 three years of high school Spanish or equivalent language knowledge.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Determine the meaning of advanced Spanish texts.
- Write grammatically correct sentences in advanced Spanish.
- Discriminate distinctive advanced Spanish sounds.
- Interpret the meaning of spoken advanced Spanish.
- Pronounce advanced Spanish words, phrases and sentences correctly.
- Speak Spanish clearly and accurately with advanced fluency.
- Integrate advanced Spanish vocabulary into simple sentences, paragraphs and dialog.
- Apply correctly advanced rules of Spanish grammar, syntax, tense and gender.
- Communicate effectively in advanced Spanish through reading, writing, speaking and listening.
- Compare advanced aspects of Spanish and English grammar and syntax.
- Explore culture in this advanced Spanish course.
- Acquire the knowledge, skills and attitudes necessary for further exploration of the Spanish language and Hispanic culture.
| ||202||140460||Intermed Spanish 2|| ||4||Brad I||$12.00||27/28/0||Open||T R 06:00 PM-08:26 PM LA310
| ||202||130406||Intermed Spanish 2|| ||4||Augustinaitis J||$12.00||21/25/0||Open||T R 12:30 PM-04:43 PM LA430