Occupational Safety and Health - OSH 112
Occupational Safety and Health for Construction (2-0.5) 2 Cr. Hrs.
This course serves as a safety and health training program designed for construction personnel. The course will cover employee rights, employer responsibilities, and how to file a complaint as well as how to identify, abate, avoid and prevent critical construction related hazards. Federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and Michigan Occupational Safety and Health Administration (MIOSHA) standards that relate to hazard identification and control will be covered. This course is “OSHA-authorized.” Therefore, students who successfully complete the course are eligible for the OSHA 30 hour card in Construction.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Explain the history of OSHA and the impact it has had on industry.
- Investigate OSHA Focus Four Hazards.
- Investigate stairway and ladder requirements.
- Determine required job training including use of proper personal protection, lifesaving equipment and power tools.
- Investigate health hazards and material handling in construction.
- Investigate scaffolds used on a construction site.
- Determine safety equipment used in welding and cutting on a construction site.
- Summarize the importance of safety when working with excavations.
- Demonstrate the use of powered industrial vehicles for materials handling.
- Explain hazards related to cranes, derricks, hoists, concrete and masonry.
- Explain requirements for steel erection on a construction site.
| ||112||123402||OSH Construction|| ||2||Lindemann C||$116.00||12/12/0||Open||M 01:30 PM-03:54 PM AS820
M 04:00 PM-04:35 PM AS940
| ||112||113401||OSH Construction|| ||2||Lindemann C||$116.00||8/16/0||Open||W 10:00 AM-11:54 AM AS376
W 12:00 PM-12:26 PM AS310