Nursing - NURS 139
Advanced Concepts in Practical Nursing (1.5-4.5) 3 Cr. Hrs.
This capstone course emphasizes application of the nursing process and critical thinking skills while utilizing evidence-based principles of nursing to care for groups of clients within the practical nurse scope of practice. Theoretical content focuses on advanced-medical surgical topics as well as issues related to licensure and employment for the practical nurse. Clinical experiences are provided in acute and community settings utilizing an interdisciplinary collaborative approach.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Apply the nursing process to clients with common cardiac arrhythmias.
- Apply the nursing process to clients with integumentary alterations.
- Explore the nurse's role in various disaster and terrorism situations.
- Apply the nursing process to clients with select reproductive alterations.
- Apply the nursing process to clients with cancer.
- Apply the nursing process to clients with select sensory alterations of the ear and eye.
- Apply the nursing process to clients with select psychiatric mental health alterations, including human trafficking.
- Apply the nursing process and leadership principles to manage care for a group of clients.
- Establish techniques and strategies utilized for employment as a practical nurse.
- Utilize computerized testing strategies to prepare to write the NCLEX-PN.
- Demonstrate designated clinical competencies.
- Demonstrate proficiency with medication dosage calculations.
- Demonstrate proficiency on select standardized computer assessments.
| ||139||135701||Adv Concepts Practical Nursing|| ||3||Campbell T||$378.00||20/45/0||Open||M 08:00 AM-01:45 PM VT460
| ||139||135702||Adv Concepts Practical Nursing|| ||3||Campbell T||$378.00||1/16/0||Open||M 08:00 AM-01:45 PM VT460