Music - MUSIC 253
Practice Teaching and Practicum in Piano Teaching 5 (1-1) 2 Cr. Hrs.
Piano teachers will learn to create and present effective lesson plans that include repertoire, theory concepts, rhythm, tone, touch and hand position through the fifth semester of piano study.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Teach children’s lessons effectively through the fifth semester of piano study.
- Create lesson plans for children's piano lessons.
- Demonstrate effective timing in a piano lesson.
- Identify appropriate repertoire for the fifth semester of piano study.
- Construct lesson plans that include theory concepts, rhythm, tone, touch and hand position.
- Critique videotapes of one’s own teaching of the intermediate student.
| ||253||148113||Prac Teach Piano 5|| ||2||Ascheri G||$37.00||10/10/0||Open||