Music - MUSIC 201
Keyboard Skills for Piano Teachers 1 (2-0) 2 Cr. Hrs.
This is the first course in the Keyboard Skills for Piano Teachers sequence. It is designed to give piano teachers the necessary keyboard skills for teaching beginning through early intermediate level students. The course will cover technical exercises, harmonization, transposition and sight-reading material using the standards of the Michigan Music Teachers Association, the National Piano Guild, the Royal Conservatory of Music (Canada) and other recognized testing organizations.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Perform scales, arpeggios, chord progressions and technical exercises up to the early intermediate level.
- Teach scales, arpeggios, chord progressions and technical exercises through the early intermediate level.
- Analyze sight reading material through the early intermediate level.
- Sequence sight reading material through the early intermediate level.
- Develop keyboard harmonization and transposition programs for early intermediate students.
- Demonstrate comprehensive musicianship for early intermediate piano study reflecting state and national standards.
| ||201||148140||Piano Teachers 1|| ||2||Ascheri G||$37.00||8/10/0||Open||F 10:00 AM-11:54 AM F420