Music - MUSIC 137
Sight Singing and Ear Training 1 (2-0) 2 Cr. Hrs.
This course will focus on sight singing melodies. The course will also include simple rhythmic, melodic and harmonic dictations. There will be exploration of intervals; tonic and dominant chords in root position, first and second inversion; and non-harmonic tones.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
- A basic knowledge of scales, key signatures, intervals and triads.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Transcribe in music notation aurally presented rhythm patterns.
- Identify aurally presented common intervals.
- Identify aurally presented common triads.
- Transcribe aurally presented simple melodies.
- Perform simple rhythms at sight.
- Perform simple melodies at sight.
- Perform melodies using the movable-Do system.
| ||137||141810||Sight Singing/Ear Training 1|| ||2||Polot B||$37.00||4/18/0||Open||M W 09:30 AM-10:24 AM F300