Mathematics - MATH 111
Applications - Utility of Math (4-0) 4 Cr. Hrs.
This course is intended for students who do not wish to pursue the study of mathematics by following the standard sequence of courses, but who need to develop some competency in mathematics for an Associate of Arts degree. This course includes the practical application of mathematics. Topics covered in the course include geometry, managing money, interest, installment buying, credit cards, loans, probability, statistics and graphing.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
- MATH 47 with grade of 2.0 or a minimum score of 16 ACT-Math, 22 SAT-Math or 75 CPT-Arithmetic.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Solve problems involving simple or compound interest.
- Solve consumer problems involving installment buying, credit cards or mortgages.
- Use annuity formulas in problems involving retirement planning or college savings.
- Use combinations or permutations to count the number of ways an event could occur.
- Solve problems using basic principles of probability.
- Use frequency distributions or histograms to display data sets.
- Analyze a data set using measures of central tendency and variation.
- Draw conclusions about a normal distribution.
- Solve systems of linear equations graphically or algebraically.
- Solve optimization problems using linear programming.
- Calculate perimeter, area and volume of geometric shapes and solids.
- Solve problems involving similar triangles, the Pythagorean Theorem or right triangle trigonometric ratios.
- Graph linear equations in two variables using a table of values, x- and y-intercepts or slope/y-intercept.
- Write linear equations and inequalities in two variables to represent a practical application.
| ||111||122411||Applications Utility Math||Online||4||McCoy M||$12.00||31/31/0||Open||
| ||111||123006||Applications Utility Math|| ||4||Boysen T||$12.00||31/31/0||Open||M T W R 09:00 AM-11:07 AM BTC160
| ||111||123053||Applications Utility Math|| ||4||Maheshwari N||$12.00||31/31/0||Open||T R 05:30 PM-09:43 PM BTC320
| ||111||132411||Applications Utility Math||Online||4||McCoy M||$12.00||31/31/0||Open||
| ||111||112717||Applications Utility Math||Online||4||McCoy M||$12.00||7/31/0||Open||
| ||111||112711||Applications Utility Math||Online||4||McCoy M||$12.00||4/31/0||Open||
| ||111||112722||Applications Utility Math||Online||4||McCoy M||$12.00||2/31/0||Open||
| ||111||113010||Applications: Utility of Math|| ||4||Halaberda S||$12.00||2/28/0||Open||T R 08:00 AM-09:54 AM LA110
| ||111||113018||Applications: Utility of Math|| ||4||Balayeva O||$12.00||12/31/0||Open||M W 09:00 AM-10:54 AM BTC170
| ||111||113059||Applications: Utility of Math|| ||4||Balayeva O||$12.00||9/31/0||Open||M W 06:00 PM-07:54 PM BTC160
| ||111||113115||Applications Utility Math|| ||4||Halaberda S||$12.00||0/31/0||Closed||T R 10:00 AM-11:54 AM LA440
| ||111||113120||Applications Utility Math|| ||4||Smith D||$12.00||0/31/0||Closed||T R 04:00 PM-05:54 PM BTC350
| ||111||216221||Applications: Utility of Math|| ||4||Balayeva O||$12.00||14/30/0||Open||M W 01:00 PM-02:54 PM RC480