Mathematics - MATH 106
Mathematics for Elementary Teachers 2 (4-0) 4 Cr. Hrs.
This is the second of a two-course sequence designed for students who plan to enter elementary school teaching. The course covers geometry, measurement, statistics and probability. This course requires all students must meet the requirements of a criminal background check.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Solve problems in two- and three-dimensional geometry using multiple strategies, including technological approaches.
- Explain concepts about two- and three-dimensional geometry.
- Solve problems involving measurement and the metric system.
- Explain concepts of measurement and the metric system.
- Solve problems involving length and area.
- Solve problems involving surface area and volume.
- Construct graphs to organize and display data by hand and using technological tools.
- Analyze data using simple statistical methods and technological tools.
- Interpret data and statistical information graphically.
- Apply principles of elementary probability and inference applicable to game and real-world situations.
- Explain methods of probability and inference applicable to game and real-world situations.
- Solve problems involving expected value, odds and conditional probability.
| ||106||143029||Math for Elem Teachers 2|| ||4||Rainey A||$12.00||23/31/0||Open||T R 12:00 PM-01:54 PM LA440