Health Information Technology - HIT 256
Clinical Affiliation 2 (0-8) 2 Cr. Hrs.
This course provides professional practice experience (PPE)/clinical affiliation for the student under the supervision of health information management professionals. The student will have the opportunity to apply knowledge and skills learned in the classroom to real-world health information functions. Students will utilize technical skills necessary to maintain a health information service, observe employee interactions and interact with health care professionals. Alternative career pathways will also be explored via on-campus or virtual presentations. This course requires a time commitment of eight daytime hours, one day per week for 15 weeks, to meet program professional practice experience guidelines.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Summarize health information related leadership roles and organizational structure.
- Collect health data for clinical, quality or administrative reporting.
- Respond to the information needs of health information customers.
- Apply policies and procedures to ensure the accuracy and integrity of health data.
- Participate in teamwork.
- Assist in preparing the organization for accreditation, licensing and/or certification surveys.
- Contribute to work plans, policies, procedures and resource requisitions in relation to job functions.
- Use common health information and business software applications in the execution of work processes.
- Interpret the impact of change management on processes, people and systems.
- Demonstrate professional and ethical behavior.
- Evaluate the consequences of unprofessional behavior and/or a breach of healthcare ethics.
| ||256||247806||Clinical Affiliation 2||Hybrid||2||Scheller J||$464.00||19/24/0||Open||T 09:00 AM-04:54 PM RC485