History - HIST 230
U.S. Business History - 1865 to Present (3-0) 3 Cr. Hrs.
This course will provide students with an examination of major business and economic development in the U.S. from the Civil War to the present. Emphasis will be placed on the ideas, forces and personalities in the ever-changing role of business and economics and their impact on the nation and its citizens. This course is recommended for students majoring in business, economics and history.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Demonstrate a clear, factual understanding of the historical development of U.S. Business History.
- Evaluate the human experience as it relates to the historical period covered by the course.
- Analyze the role geography played in the historical period covered by the course.
- Relate the human experience—using history—to contemporary times.
- Analyze historical evidence of the human experience/culture for the period covered by the course.
- Distinguish between historical artifacts and other types of sources concerning history.
- Incorporate historical artifacts and other scholarly sources concerning history into their writing and research.
- Demonstrate digital literacy, especially as it relates to the study of history.
- Interpret the economic, political and social influences that have shaped the American people.
- Analyze the role of business leaders in shaping the direction of American economic growth.
- Document the influence of international events on the state of the American economy.
- Explain the relationship among the agricultural, industrial, manufacturing and service sectors of the American economy.
- Compare the respective positions of management and labor in the struggle of each to attain their goals and the consequences for American life in general.
- Investigate the role of government in the American economy.
| ||230||141615||US Business History|| ||3||McDonald P||$12.00||27/30/0||Open||R 06:00 PM-08:52 PM LA415