History - HIST 138
Contemporary World (3-0) 3 Cr. Hrs.
This course is a survey of the main themes in the history of the world in the last hundred years: the Eurocentric world order of 1900; World War I, communist revolution and fascist counter-revolution; the settlements of the 1920s and the renewal of world crisis in the 1930s; World War II and the onset of the Cold War in the 1940s-1960s; erosion and collapse of the postwar order in the 1970s-1980s; and the contemporary world order in historical context.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Demonstrate a clear, factual understanding of the historical development of contemporary world history.
- Evaluate the human experience as it relates to the historical period covered by the course.
- Analyze the role geography played in the historical period covered by the course.
- Relate the human experience—using history—to contemporary times.
- Analyze historical evidence of the human experience/culture for the period covered by the course.
- Distinguish between historical artifacts and other types of sources concerning history.
- Incorporate historical artifacts and other scholarly sources concerning history into their writing and research.
- Demonstrate digital literacy, especially as it relates to the study of history.
- Compare and contrast the impact of the wars and revolutions occurring during the period covered by the course.
- Illustrate the contemporary world order in a historical context.
| ||138||141607||Contemporary World|| ||3||Stegich E||$12.00||1/30/0||Open||T R 08:00 AM-09:40 AM LA405
| ||138||047704||Contemporary World||OE/OE||3||McDonald P||$12.00||10/31/0||Open||
| ||138||141606||Contemporary World|| ||3||Behler C||$12.00||5/31/0||Open||T R 12:00 PM-01:20 PM LA415
| ||138||141611||Contemporary World|| ||3||Lark K||$12.00||2/31/0||Open||M W 12:00 PM-01:20 PM LA415
| ||138||141658||Contemporary World|| ||3||McDonald P||$12.00||15/31/0||Open||M 06:00 PM-08:54 PM LA415
| ||138||142962||Contemporary World||Online||3||Swope M||$12.00||12/31/0||Open||
| ||138||111609||Contemporary World|| ||3||Behler C||$12.00||27/31/0||Open||T R 11:00 AM-12:40 PM LA415
| ||138||111625||Contemporary World|| ||3||Stegich E||$12.00||8/31/0||Open||T R 08:00 AM-09:20 AM LA415
| ||138||111626||Contemporary World|| ||3||Burhans B||$12.00||23/31/0||Open||M W 11:30 AM-12:50 PM LA415
| ||138||111650||Contemporary World|| ||3||Behler C||$12.00||30/31/0||Open||W 06:00 PM-08:54 PM LA415
| ||138||112968||Contemporary World||Online||3||Swope M||$12.00||21/31/0||Open||
| ||138||216154||Contemporary World|| ||3||McDonald P||$12.00||24/31/0||Open||M 06:00 PM-08:54 PM RC685