World Languages (French) - FR 202
Intermediate French 2 (4-0) 4 Cr. Hrs.
This course is a continuation of FR 201 with a broader emphasis on speaking (present-day spoken French), listening comprehension and reading. Through varied activities, the main focus will be on oral proficiency and communication as the course will be entirely conducted in French. An appreciation of the French and Francophone culture will be an integral part of the course.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
- FR 201 with a minimum grade of 2.0 or three years of high school French or equivalent language knowledge.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Determine the meaning of advanced French texts.
- Write grammatically correct sentences in advanced French.
- Discriminate distinctive advanced French sounds.
- Interpret the meaning of spoken advanced French.
- Pronounce advanced French words, phrases and sentences correctly.
- Speak advanced French clearly and accurately with advanced fluency.
- Integrate advanced French vocabulary into sentences, paragraphs and dialog.
- Apply rules of advanced French grammar, syntax, tense and gender.
- Communicate effectively in advanced French through reading, writing, speaking and listening.
- Compare aspects of advanced French and English grammar and syntax.
- Explore culture in this advanced French course.
- Acquire the knowledge, skills and attitudes necessary for further exploration of the French language and culture.
Currently no sections of this class are being offered.