World Languages (French) - FR 201
Intermediate French 1 (4-0) 4 Cr. Hrs.
This course is a continuation of FR 102 and continues to cover grammar patterns and build competence in all four skill areas: speaking, listening, reading and writing. Through varied activities, emphasis will be placed on oral proficiency and communication. An appreciation of the French and Francophone culture will be an integral part of the course.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
- FR 102 with a grade of 2.0 or better or two years of high school French or consent of instructor.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Determine the meaning of intermediate French texts.
- Write grammatically correct sentences in intermediate French.
- Discriminate distinctive intermediate French sounds.
- Interpret the meaning of spoken intermediate French.
- Pronounce intermediate French words, phrases and sentences correctly.
- Speak intermediate French clearly and accurately with intermediate fluency.
- Integrate intermediate French vocabulary into sentences, paragraphs and dialog.
- Apply rules of intermediate French grammar, syntax, tense and gender.
- Communicate effectively in intermediate French through reading, writing, speaking and listening.
- Compare aspects of intermediate French and English grammar and syntax.
- Explore culture in this intermediate French course.
- Acquire the knowledge, skills and attitudes necessary for further exploration of the French language and culture.
Currently no sections of this class are being offered.