English - ENG 200
Introduction to Film (4-0) 4 Cr. Hrs.
This course studies how film accomplishes its purposes, whether as simple entertainment, social commentary or complex art. Students will view and discuss selected films and explore the history, criticism, aesthetics and technique of film.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
- ENG 101 with a minimum grade of 2.0 or minimum score of 22 ACT-English, 29 SAT-Writing and Language or 108 CPT-Sentence Skills.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Identify the techniques of film in picture, movement, sound and editing.
- Differentiate the basic characteristics and terms of films.
- Evaluate the aesthetics of film by analyzing the combination of film elements.
- Identify specific attributes of the Classical Hollywood system.
- Explain the historical development of film.
- Explore the elements of specific film genres.
- Illustrate how film and society have influenced each other.
- Validate the potency of film as an aid in discovering, transforming and instilling values in individuals and a culture.
- Explain the importance of cultural diversity in a global community through films.
- Summarize primary and secondary sources.
- Integrate primary and secondary sources into writing.
- Use MLA guidelines for writing citations and research papers.
| ||200||142910||Intro Film||Online||4||Berg S||$12.00||31/31/0||Open||
| ||200||141436||Intro Film|| ||4||Ditouras H||$22.00||25/28/0||Open||M W 09:30 AM-11:24 AM LA300
| ||200||142907||Intro Film||Online||4||Berg S||$12.00||30/31/0||Open||
| ||200||122907||Intro Film||Online||4||Berg S||$12.00||20/31/0||Open||
| ||200||132314||Intro Film||Online||4||Berg S||$12.00||21/31/0||Open||
| ||200||112704||Intro Film||Online||4||Berg S||$12.00||10/31/0||Open||
| ||200||111431||Intro Film|| ||4||Berg S||$22.00||2/31/0||Open||T R 11:00 AM-12:54 PM LA410
| ||200||112907||Intro Film||Online||4||Berg S||$12.00||20/31/0||Open||