Culinary Arts - CUL 124
Breakfast and Pantry (1-4) 3 Cr. Hrs.
This course will teach students all the necessary procedures and principles in basic cooking skills as related to breakfast and pantry cookery. Topics covered are egg, potato, meat and cereal cookery. Buffet setups and recipe procedures will be taught. Pantry cookery skills will include basic pantry operation, simple and composite salads, salad dressings, fruit trays and cold sandwich preparation.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
(A course to be taken in the same semester as this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Demonstrate basic breakfast egg cookery skills.
- Demonstrate basic breakfast meat cookery skills.
- Prepare basic breakfast potato cookery items.
- Prepare basic breakfast cereal items.
- Demonstrate breakfast batter techniques.
- Demonstrate basic garde manger/pantry skills.
- Prepare simple, combination, specialty and composite salads.
- Identify the different types of salad dressings.
- Prepare different types of salad dressings.
- Demonstrate proper buffet set-up practices.
- Demonstrate proper Mise en Place.
- Demonstrate proper Mise en Place practices.
- Determine proper procedure required to prepare recipes.
- Construct cold sandwiches.
- Construct hot sandwiches.
- Demonstrate proper sanitation skills.
- Identify standard breakfast cookery equipment.
| ||124||143702||Breakfast & Pantry|| ||3||Lewton K||$417.00||1/10/0||Open||T W R F 06:30 AM-10:20 AM VT620
| ||124||143724||Breakfast & Pantry|| ||3||Dowdy K||$417.00||5/10/0||Open||T W R F 06:30 AM-10:20 AM VT620
| ||124||143732||Breakfast & Pantry|| ||3||Dowdy K||$417.00||8/10/0||Open||T W R F 06:30 AM-10:20 AM VT620