Criminal Justice - CJ 211
Criminal Law (3-0) 3 Cr. Hrs.
This course is a study of the elements of criminal law, its purposes and function. Students will study the elements necessary to establish crime and criminal intent, sources of criminal law, criminal responsibility and general court procedures. Students will be able to differentiate between the three types of jurisdiction, explore the physical and mental requirements of a criminal act and compare the affirmative defenses available. The course will cover homicide and other assaultive crimes, sex offenses and other offenses to the family relationship, theft, robbery and burglary. Students will be able to recognize crimes such as forgery, false imprisonment, extortion and bribery, as well as crimes involving narcotic drugs and alcoholic beverages.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Examine the fundamental components of criminal law and its historical background.
- Differentiate the various forms of jurisdiction.
- Explore the physical and mental requirements of a criminal act.
- Compare the affirmative defenses available.
- Explain the elements of homicide and other assaultive crimes.
- Outline sex offenses and other offenses to the family relationship.
- Compare the elements of theft, robbery, burglary and other related offenses.
- Summarize crimes such as forgery, false imprisonment, extortion and bribery.
- Explore crimes by and against juveniles.
- Examine crimes involving narcotic drugs and alcoholic beverages.
| ||211||347012||Criminal Law|| ||3||Courie J||$12.00||27/31/0||Open||R 02:00 PM-04:54 PM FTC120
| ||211||347021||Criminal Law|| ||3||Courie J||$12.00||28/31/0||Open||M 10:00 AM-12:54 PM FTC120
| ||211||327050||Criminal Law|| ||3||Courie J||$12.00||12/31/0||Open||M W 05:30 PM-08:40 PM FTC120
| ||211||112902||Criminal Law & Proc||Online||3||Kirshner B||$12.00||3/31/0||Open||
| ||211||317006||Criminal Law & Proc|| ||3||Courie J||$12.00||16/31/0||Open||M 02:00 PM-04:54 PM FTC120
| ||211||317017||Criminal Law & Proc|| ||3||Courie J||$12.00||19/31/0||Open||M 10:00 AM-12:54 PM FTC120
| ||211||317056||Criminal Law & Proc|| ||3||Courie J||$12.00||25/31/0||Open||R 04:00 PM-06:54 PM FTC120