Criminal Justice - CJ 201
Criminal Investigation (3-0) 3 Cr. Hrs.
This course is a study of criminal investigation techniques of surveillance, collection, recording and preservation of evidence. Students will study the analysis of evidence and use of science laboratories. This course will be conducted in cooperation with other law enforcement agencies.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Explain the value of accurately documenting activities.
- Evaluate knowledge of accruing information from witnesses and suspects.
- Analyze physical evidence retrieved from crime scenes.
- Investigate victims, suspects, and evidence in relation to homicide investigations.
- Summarize the mechanics of fingerprint processing.
- Explore techniques for placing automobiles at the scene of accidents and placing the driver behind the wheel at time of impact.
- Explore the techniques in reproducing evidence by basic photographic and casting techniques.
- Determine sources of law and the charges that can be brought against suspects.
- Illustrate the presentation of evidence.
- Illustrate forensic science capabilities.
| ||201||347002||Criminal Invest|| ||3||Champagne G||$12.00||29/31/0||Open||M 08:45 AM-09:53 AM FTC130
W F 08:45 AM-10:00 AM FTC130
| ||201||347006||Criminal Invest|| ||3||Pfannes D||$12.00||31/31/0||Open||F 08:00 AM-10:54 PM FTC120
| ||201||347019||Criminal Invest|| ||3||Pearce R||$12.00||30/31/0||Open||M 02:00 PM-04:54 PM FTC140
| ||201||347055||Criminal Invest|| ||3||Pearce R||$12.00||29/31/0||Open||W 06:00 PM-08:54 PM FTC140
| ||201||327007||Criminal Invest|| ||3||Pearce R||$12.00||24/31/0||Open||M W 10:00 AM-01:10 PM FTC130
| ||201||317010||Criminal Invest|| ||3||Pearce R||$12.00||12/31/0||Open||T 02:00 PM-04:54 PM FTC130
| ||201||317014||Criminal Invest|| ||3||Pearce R||$12.00||17/31/0||Open||W 09:30 AM-12:24 PM FTC120