Computer Information Systems - CIS 276
Networking 2 (3-0) 3 Cr. Hrs.
This course is designed to follow the introduction to networking (Networking 1) course. Students will learn LAN configurations and protocols. Installation, management and troubleshooting Microsoft Windows server on a local area network will be covered. Additional topics on hardware, clients, domains, user accounts and printers will be covered.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Perform a manual install of the Windows server OS.
- Examine base configuration options for Windows server OS.
- Identify fundamental concepts of Windows Active directory and Account management.
- Examine file, folder and data storage management options in a Windows server environment.
- Examine Windows server printing configurations.
- Examine Windows server Network Services.
- Examine options for configuring remote access services in a Windows server environment.
- Examine options for securing a Windows server.
- Identify tools and techniques used to monitor Windows server performance.
- Identify fundamental concepts of Server virtualization.
| ||276||112865||Networking 2|| ||3||Pearlman A||$52.00||5/20/0||Open||T 06:00 PM-08:52 PM AS950