Computer Information Systems - CIS 225
Database Management Systems (3-0) 3 Cr. Hrs.
This course covers a popular relational database, Microsoft Access, in depth. Emphasis is on creating, editing, sorting, linking and querying databases. Forms, switchboards and custom reports will be created. Advanced topics include designing and creating a complete application system, as well as programming in SQL. Emphasis will also be on understanding the concepts behind database management system design to prepare students to be both users and developers.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Demonstrate database skills learned with hands-on assignments.
- Apply the concepts of database design by completing realistic case studies.
- Explore the capabilities of Access using the online help facility and other materials.
- Use Access Wizards such as Lookup Wizard, Form and Report Wizards, Control Wizards, etc.
- Create queries including query calculations, parameter queries, crosstab queries, action queries, top value queries, compound criteria and view SQL query statements.
- Maintain a database.
- Interface with other applications to Access.
- Create forms and reports.
- Design a switchboard with multiple pages as a graphical user interface using macros.
- Administer a database system.
| ||225||142739||Database Management||Online||3||Towner M||$12.00||9/31/0||Open||
| ||225||142824||Database Management|| ||3||Lee C||$52.00||6/24/0||Open||T 02:00 PM-04:52 PM AS610
| ||225||112759||Database Management||Online||3||Towner M||$12.00||31/31/0||Open||