Computer Information Systems - CIS 170
Microsoft Windows (3-0) 3 Cr. Hrs.
This course is designed to explore the features of the latest Windows desktop operating system which includes modules such as digital media, electronic messaging, networking, remote assistance, etc. In addition to studying the features that are included in Windows, the class will also emphasize customizing Windows to meet the user’s needs. The students will learn to work with the desktop environment, documents and folders, toolbars and taskbar, control panel, file and Web searching tools, help files and computer maintenance and performance optimization tools. It is recommended that students have experience using computers and have proficiency in keyboard and mouse usage.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Identify the elements of the Windows operating system environment.
- Demonstrate proficiency using the modules included in Windows.
- Demonstrate the use of various tools included in the operating system to maximizing system performance.
- Demonstrate use of the on-line help features in Windows.
- Customize the desktop to best meet the user’s needs.
- Demonstrate use of Windows enhanced support for digital media.
- Identify components of the networking and Internet connectivity features of the operating system.
- Identify various methods of protecting the computer from security threats.
- Identify tools available for information search and collaborating with other users.
| ||170||047728||Microsoft Windows||OE/OE||3||Baron T||$12.00||30/31/0||Open||
| ||170||142817||Microsoft Windows|| ||3||Baron TS||$52.00||22/22/0||Open||R 01:00 PM-03:52 PM AS950
| ||170||122878||Microsoft Windows|| ||3||Pearlman A||$52.00||18/24/0||Open||T R 06:00 PM-09:10 PM AS950
| ||170||017732||Microsoft Windows||OE/OE||3||Baron T||$12.00||8/31/0||Open||
| ||170||112821||Microsoft Windows|| ||3||Pearlman A||$52.00||8/20/0||Open||W 01:00 PM-03:52 PM AS950