World Languages (Chinese) - CHIN 102
Elementary Chinese 2 (4-0) 4 Cr. Hrs.
This course is a continuation of CHIN 101 and continues to review the basic vocabulary and grammar patterns and to build competence in all four skill areas: speaking, listening, reading and writing. Through varied activities, emphasis will be placed on oral proficiency and communication. An appreciation of Chinese culture will be an integral part of the course.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
- CHIN 101 with a minimum grade of 2.0 or one year of high school Chinese or equivalent language knowledge.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Determine the meaning of elementary Chinese texts.
- Write grammatically correct sentences in elementary Chinese.
- Discriminate distinctive elementary Chinese sounds.
- Interpret the meaning of spoken elementary Chinese.
- Pronounce elementary Chinese words, phrases and sentences correctly.
- Speak Chinese clearly and accurately with elementary fluency.
- Integrate elementary Chinese vocabulary into simple sentences, paragraphs and dialog.
- Apply correctly elementary rules of Chinese grammar, syntax, tense and gender.
- Communicate effectively in elementary Chinese through reading, writing, speaking and listening.
- Compare elementary aspects of Chinese and English grammar and syntax.
- Explore culture in this elementary Chinese course.
- Acquire the knowledge, skills and attitudes necessary for further exploration of the Chinese language and culture.
| ||102||110404||Elementary Chinese 2|| ||4||Stimpson J||$12.00||19/25/0||Open||T R 11:00 AM-12:54 PM LA430